[Version 2016-09-26 by JP.]
Agenda for the Conservation
2016-09-27 at 19:00 in The Stocks
A. Chair: Ian Deans
B. Attendance and Apologies:
C. Minutes (I'll try and bring copies to the meeting - JP).
D. Agenda Items:
1. Gala feedback- (All present)
2. PC Archive Project- Celebration event (ID/BS/LS)
Extension of completion date (ID)
3.Joint Survey- update (JP)
4. Sheffield CC and Heritage- update (ID)
5. Grant from St Mary's Trust- (ID, for MM)
6. Continuing Concerns re. Traffic on Townend Road, The Wheel and Wheel Lane (ID/AR)
X. Planning Applications below, plus …
· Any response members might want to make to the Governments Consultation on changes to the planning system (See Information Watch below).
· Discussion, and possible implementation of the proposal to offer attendees printed template letters to make it easier for them to express their opinions on any planning applications of interest.
Y. Any questions or comments on the Communications, Information, or Issues sections below; or any other business.
Z. Dates of next meeting [e.g. 25th Oct]
The items in this section will not be gone through one by one, but can be discussed in any other business if any member wishes to bring them up.
If any members can help, or want to bring any of the following up for any other reason, they can do so in any other business.
* Our archive needs quite a bit of work to get going - perhaps as a window to our physical archive.
* Designs for the pop-up banners are still in progress.
* We have a fireproof trunk for storing archive material. Members might prefer a more generally accessible location if one can be found [As well as perhaps other things such as our Gazebo].
* We still have plans to survey major trees within the Conservation Area (we have just lost two major trees from the land between St Mary’s Lane and Ecclesfield Park).
* We are still encouraging Sheffield City Council to proceed with their project to get their alcohol licensing system on-line so that everybody can see the opening times etc. which apply to each of the premises in the area. Meanwhile, we are continuing to check their manual list of licence applications.
The following planning applications were found by searching for Ward = “East Ecclesfield”, Parish = Ecclesfield Parish Council”, postcodes S35 9?? and S35 1TE, to 20 July 2016.
[The contents of brackets and italics are my interpretation - usually made after only briefly scanning the documents. Older comments on long standing applications have been deleted, but should still be available on our web site]
plant and equipment for use as duel short term operating reserve power
generating facility erection of a 4.5m high acoustic timber fence
Site B Ecclesfield 35 Industrial Estate Station Road Ecclesfield Sheffield S35 9YR
Ref. No: 16/03577/FUL | Received: Mon 19 Sep 2016 | Validated: Tue 20 Sep 2016 | Status: Awaiting decision
to approve details in relation to Condition Nos 8. Vehicle/pedestrian
surfacing, 9. Car parking accommodation, and 11. Car Parking
Management/entrance arrangement; relating to planning permission no.
6 Hydra Business Park Nether Lane Sheffield S35 9ZX
Ref. No: 14/03411/COND5 | Received: Tue 30 Aug 2016 | Validated: Wed 21 Sep 2016 | Status: Awaiting decision
Resignage of supermarket
The Co-operative Food 149 High Street Ecclesfield Sheffield S35 9UA
Ref. No: 16/03210/ADV | Received: Mon 22 Aug 2016 | Validated: Fri 26 Aug 2016 | Status: Awaiting decision
(A posh new grey sign along the front, to replace the existing green one - JP)
of a tree (Ecclesfield Conservation Area)
59 Yew Lane Sheffield S5 9AL
Ref. No: 16/03029/TCA | Received: Sun 07 Aug 2016 | Validated: Mon 08 Aug 2016 | Status: Awaiting decision
(This is a very large tree, compared to the height of the bungalow, and must take a lot of light. However, it is the second tree to be lost in that part of Yew Lane.)
of 2.4m internal fence line inside existing boundary line
Ecclesfield School Chapeltown Road Sheffield S35 9WD
Ref. No: 16/02971/FUL | Received: Tue 02 Aug 2016 | Validated: Thu 11 Aug 2016 | Status: Awaiting decision
building as micro-pub and erection of front access ramp
99 Cross Hill Sheffield S35 9WR
Ref. No: 16/02782/FUL | Received: Tue 19 Jul 2016 | Validated: Tue 19 Jul 2016 | Status: Awaiting decision
[2016-07-26 I think this is the old Oak Carpet Shop. There were 4 objectors and a 24 signature petition against the related alcohol licence application. This license has just been granted, but with restrictions, including no drinking outside. As I understand it, the application above is for "change of use", and is a separate decision, is made by a different committee, with different set of councillors who are supposed to take into account a different set of criteria.]
[2016-09-27 Now 56 objections. Thanks to these, and all the people who have signed letters, we understand that the application is likely to go to a full planning meeting.]
to existing nursery to form 2 no. dwellings, including demolishing part of
existing single-storey extension , and replacement with new, raising height of
ridge line to the second-storey of barn building by approx
0.5 m and extension at first floor level also associated external works
Elmore Kindergarten 44 Yew Lane Sheffield S5 9AN
Ref. No: 16/02582/FUL | Received: Tue 05 Jul 2016 | Validated: Thu 14 Jul 2016 | Status: Awaiting decision
[2016-07-26 This is the old nursery, which it is proposed to turn back into one 4 bed, and one 2 bed dwelling. It could be described as a sensitive corner plot, but most of it is screened by a wall. The plan involves re-building part of the single storey previous extension, but I did not spot anything more drastic]