[Version 2017-02-28/1 by JP.]
Agenda for the Conservation
2017-02-28 at 19:00 in The Stocks
B. Attendance and Apologies:
D. Agenda Items:
New items to be inserted below…
a) Visit to us by Christine Handley of the Parish Archiving Project
b) Possible reprinting our Industrial Heritage Leaflets
c) Any comments members might want to make to SCC about their priorities for our ward
d) Anti-social behaviour
e) Any reply to the Government's current consultation on Housing in the Green belt
f) Any contribution we might want to make to the Council's "City Region" Vision
g) Any arrangements for our AGM next month (including opportunities for people to volunteer to take on any of the existing roles, or indeed suggest new ones )
1) PC Archive Project: update
2) Reminiscences group update
3) Report on JP’s visit to Amey’s Roadshow at Ecclesfield Library
4) Planter at John Heath's
X. Planning Applications. See separate email or document.
Y. Any questions or comments on the Communications, Information, or Issues sections below; or any other business.
Z. Next meeting - confirmation or modification of “28th April 2017”. [Other dates for 2017 can be seen on conservation.ecclesfieldgroups.com ].
(2) The next reminiscence session is in Ecclesfield Library, on Wednesday 29th March, at 15:00.
(3) Although they are running the Streets Ahead Roadshows, Amey still say that complaints and comments should go through Sheffield City Council. This could be relevant to us since Amey have started resurfacing minor roads and pavements and, for example, there is a fear that they are asphalting right up to the trunk of trees, rather than as described by Professor Ian Rotherham.
The items in this section will not be gone through one by one, but can be discussed in any other business if any member wishes to bring them up.
If any members can help, or want to bring any of the following up for any other reason, they can do so in any other business.
* Our archive needs quite a bit of work to get going - perhaps as a window to our physical archive.
* Designs for the pop-up banners are still in progress.
* We have a fireproof trunk for storing archive material. Members might prefer a more generally accessible location if one can be found [As well as perhaps other things such as our Gazebo].
* We still have plans to survey major trees within the Conservation Area (we have just lost two major trees from the land between St Mary’s Lane and Ecclesfield Park).
* We are still encouraging Sheffield City Council to proceed with their project to get their alcohol licensing system on-line so that everybody can see the opening times etc. which apply to each of the premises in the area. Meanwhile, we are continuing to check their manual list of licence applications.