[This agenda was last updated on 2015-01-27 by JP.]
Agenda for the Conservation meeting of 2015-01-27 at 19:00 in The Stocks
A. Chair: Mr Ian Deans
B. Attendance and Apologies:
C. Minutes: Acceptance or amendment to the previous minutes, prior publishing on conservation.ecclesfieldgroups.com
D. Agenda Items:
1. Ecclesfield PC: Archiving Group update (JP & ID)
2. Ecclesfield PC: Grant for reprint of leaflets (MM & ID)
3. Visit to Grenoside & District Historical Society's Resource Room: (JP & ID)
4. Visit to Grenoside Reading Room: offer of permanent display (A2) & forthcoming events programme (JP & ID)
5. HS2 update (ID)
6. Smithy Wood update re Village Green hearing (ID)
7. Ecclesfield Reserve in New Zealand (BS & ID)
8. Further planter: possible siting outside 232, The Wheel and need for water reservoir (ID)
9. Tree felling on Network Rail land next to Woolley Wood
X. Planning Applications (See below).
Y. Any questions or comments on the Communications, Information, or Issues sections below; or any other business.
Z. Confirmation of the date of the next meeting (E.g. 2015-02-24).
5. New information on HS2 has appeared on https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/high-speed-two-limited
7. Ecclesfield Reserve in New Zealand
(photo-credit to http://debbishibuya.com/2014/03/05/chugga-chugga-view-view/ )
9 Tree felling on Network Rail land next to Woolley Wood.
(See the photo opposite, and http://conservation.ecclesfieldgroups.com for details)
The items in this section will not be gone through one by one, but can be discussed in any other business if any member wishes to bring them up.
· There is an opportunity to meet local authors Linda Lee Welch and Craig Booker on Wednesday 28th at 7:30 in Ecclesfield library. Tickets are available in the library, or see www.ecclesfieldlibrary.co.uk .
If any members can help, or want to bring any of the following up for any other reason, they can do so in any other business.
· We now have a storage trunk for the Ridge Ledgers and any historical photographs and other local items that we might be offered and want to keep ourselves, but lack a good location to keep the trunk.
· We are still looking for the best time for us to issue our survey forms, poll residents, and present the case for an extension to the Conservation Area to SCC, and protect the Dam.
· We still have plans to survey major trees within the Conservation Area.
· We are still encouraging Sheffield City Council to proceed with their project to get their alcohol licensing system on-line so that everybody can see the opening times etc. which apply to each of the premises in the area.
With apologies to members, I have not managed to do these, but will put these in a separate document and distribute it at the meeting.