[This agenda was last updated on 2013-05-20 by JP. A copy will appear on http://conservation.ecclesfieldgroups.com/agenda.html ]
Agenda for the Conservation Meeting of 2013-05-20
at 19:30 in the lounge bar of “The Stocks”
a. Chair: Since ID and RT are not available, Mr Keith Fish has kindly agreed to chair this meeting.
We are also expecting a visit from Sheffield City Councillors, and Planning Committee members Joyce Wright (JW) and Gary Wilson (GW), to hear member’s views prior to the committee considering the application by the Player’s Lounge for “change of use” (and other changes).
b. Apologies: Mr. Daren Ward cannot now attend this meeting, but hopes to meet members at the next. Mr Ward has been meeting with ourselves and other historical groups in the Parish to see what help the groups may want in preserving and publicising their collections of historical material.
c. Minutes: Acceptance or amendment to the minutes of the previous meeting, prior to their being published on our web site. [I have put two drafts in a new “secret”, “member’s-only” area”]
1) An opportunity for members to discuss the Players Lounge, and possibly other planning applications with JW and GW, prior to the Committee’s decision on Tuesday 21st May. [See Previous Planning Applications below]
2) A chance for members to bring up any of the New Planning Applications below.
3) Discussion of any general planning issues members might want to raise.
4) Discussion of Sheffield City Council’s new “Local Plan”, at https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/planning-and-city-development/planning-documents/sdf.html, and ID’s suggestion that we write to the Planning Department requesting that we are consulted.
5) JP’s report on our attendance at the Parish Council’s “Local History Archive Meeting”, and an opportunity for members to say where they think this should be going prior to the next meeting on Thursday 23rd May.
6) A request for volunteers to man our stand at the Community Garden Open Day (which is now scheduled for 13:00 – 15:00 on July 14th). ID can attend, but needs help on the day.
7) Discussion of the chances of our being able to attend the 2013 Ecclesfield Gala on 1st September (in view of the fact that MM and ID are away).
8) Discussion of the boundary-stones project, and any other projects members may want to move on with.
9) An opportunity for everybody to see and comment on modifications to the Aims and Constitution of the Group being prepared by ID, and JP, and suggest any further modifications.
y. Any other business.
z. Date of Next meeting.
Communications received, e.g. on
New Planning Applications
All the above were found using Ward = "East Ecclesfield", Parish = "Ecclesfield Parish Council", "Validated from" 15 April to 20 May 2013.
To unsubscribe from Conservation Group emails, just email